Focus Shock Wave (ESWT)
Focus Shock Wave (Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy – ESWT) involves the use of wave pulsations to stimulate the areas where there is pain or chronic injury in order to create blood flow on such areas which consequently reduces inflammation and causes re-healing of tissues.
Focused shockwaves can carry energy more precisely, accurately, deeply, and powerfully to the defined areas at the cell level, and can be used to treat various diseases, which are suitable for the treatment of chronic pain in the bones and muscles such as Tendinopathies, Muscular Trigger Points or Myofascial Pain Syndrome, and Spasticity.
As focused shockwave can penetrate deep and precisely-defined areas more powerfully than radial shock wave, the treatment with focused shockwave must only be conducted by expert physicians.
– Relieve pain on joints, tendons, and muscles
– Speed up bone healing
– Stimulate growth of new blood vessels and improve blood circulation, thus speed up healing of tissues
– Stimulate collagen growth
Peripheral Magnetic Stimulation (PMS)
- Treatment for different types of pain in bone, muscular and nervous systems
- Improve blood circulation
- Speed up healing of muscles, tendons, and joints
- Treatment of pain from diseases on joints, tendons, and marrows such as Arthritis and Frozen Shoulder (Adhesive Capsulitis)
- Relieve numbness in arms and legs resulting from Lumbar Disc Herniation (LDH) and Cervical Spondylosis
- Boost muscular energy in injured athletes after operation, or in cases of paralysis, and spinal cord injury
- Efficiently speed up the rehabilitation of damaged nerves e.g. injured nerves, wrist drop, foot drop, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), and Herniated disc
- Speed up the rehabilitation of distorted nerves e.g. numbness, sharp back pain, and damaged nerves
Dry Needling Therapy
Muscular pain are mostly caused by prolonged and consecutive use of particular muscles, resulting in spasticity on sensitive spots of those muscles, or so-called Myofascial Trigger Points, which can cause pain. If the muscle tension are severe and lasts for a long time, numbness and tingling can occur. These symptoms may incorrectly lead to a suspicion of other diseases. For instance, many people often think that stiffness in the neck or shoulders accompanied by a splitting headache is a sign of a migraine, or that tingling and numbness in an arm or fingers are signs of a cervical herniated disc.
Dry Needling Therapy is a western treatment technique of acupuncture whereby a sterile, single-use needle that is thinner than hair is inserted into the tight muscle or “trigger point” to loosen it (Mechanical) and thus improve blood circulation in that area. This treatment helps to relieve pain, making the patients feel more relaxed and at ease. The process of dry needling therapy takes approximately 5 minutes per spot. During the therapy, patients would feel pain as if the muscle is pressed continuously during a massage. They would feel muscle twitching and tingling. After treatment, patients may experience a dull ache or bruising for a few days. The treatment has to be performed properly only by professional physicians.
The Dry Needling Therapy can be done on the same spot every 5-7 days. It can be conducted together with other physical therapies such as High Power Laser Therapy, Peripheral Magnetic Stimulation or muscle stretching in order to increase its effectiveness of the treatment.
Radial Shock Wave
Radial Shock Wave therapy is the use of shockwave to stimulate the painful or injured areas to improve blood circulation on such areas, reduce inflammation and stimulate the body’s natural healing process.
Radial Shock Wave can spread inside muscle and tendon layers to reduce inflammation. The Radial Shock Wave device that PS Rehab Clinic uses does not require gel application on the skin and works on clothes that are not thick, so patients would not feel any sodden sensation.
- Assist with relieving pain in tendon and muscle areas
- Speed up bone healing
- Stimulate the creation of new blood vessels and improve blood circulation, making the tissues heal faster
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Shoulder tendinitis and frozen shoulder
- Sacroiliac joint inflammation
- Neck and back joint inflammation
- Muscle tightness and muscle strain
- Fascia around the neck, shoulders, back and buttock muscles
High Power Laser Therapy
High Power Laser Therapy is the use of high-power laser to treat injuries to the bones, muscles, tendons and nerves in order to relieve pain and reduce inflammation in that area. The therapy is suitable for the treatment of the following diseases:
Diseases associated with pain in the musculoskeletal system, joints and tendons
– Muscle, tendon or synovial injury, inflammation or sprains
– Bruising, swelling or redness after injury
– Shoulder tendinitis and frozen shoulder (Stages 1 and 2)
– Inflammation of elbow, wrist, sole or Achilles tendons
– Trigger finger
– Knee osteoarthritis; knee arthritis; knee effusion; inflammation of muscles, tendons and fascia around the knee
– Hand / finger numbness due to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)– Neck and waist pain due to muscle inflammation
– Migraine headaches due to neck muscle spasm
Diseases associated with nerves
– Herniated disc in neck and waist
– Peripheral neuropathy due to diabetes
– Peripheral neuropathy due to complications from chemotherapy
– Limb pain during recovery from nerve injury
– Postherpetic neuralgia
In addition, the therapy can heal swelling and bruising from injuries as well as pressure sores and diabetic foot ulcers.
Lumbar and Cervical Traction
Lumbar and Cervical Traction is used to treat diseases associated with a herniated disc in the neck or back, neck bone joint, back bone joint, neck muscle or back muscle. The treatment helps stretch muscles and joints around the neck and back, reduce the pressure of a herniated disc in the neck or back that causes tingling in the arm and leg, and improve the movement and functioning of muscles and bones in the back and neck.
Manual Technique by Physical Therapist
Mobilization Neck Shoulder or Back (การขยับข้อต่อให้หายจากอาการติดขัดหรืออาการเจ็บปวด)
Deep Friction Massage and Stretching (การนวดกดจุดและยืดกล้ามเนื้อ)
Nerve Gliding Exercise (การขยับเส้นประสาทไม่ให้ถูกกดทับ)
Customized Exercise for Regaining Muscle after Injury (การออกแบบและวางโปรแกรมออกกำลังกายเพื่อเพิ่มกล้ามเนื้อหลังอาการบาดเจ็บเฉพาะบุคคล)
Kinesiology Taping involves placing elastic cloth tape on the body to treat and heal muscle and bone inflammation or aches as well sporting injuries. The tape is designed to lift the skin and muscles, enabling blood and lymph to circulate better. Kinesiology Taping is also used to improve sporting performance or prevent sporting injuries.
Orthopedic Shoes and Insoles
PS Rehab Clinic provides services of making both ready-to-wear and customized orthopedic shoes and insoles, which are suitable for patients with the following problems:
- Feet Problems e.g. pain across foot sole, Heel Pain, Plantar fasciitis, Achilles Tendinitis, Flat Feet, High Arch Feet, as well as toes and foot deformities
- Diabetes: For patients with Diabetic Foot, orthopedic shoes and insoles will help evenly distribute body weight on the foot, thus reducing pressure on specific areas of the foot and preventing diabetic ulcers on the foot.
- Leg length discrepancy
- Knee osteoarthritis or deformities